Here’s what Teach Nursery had to say:
“This set of brightly coloured chunky pieces from LEGO® were great for stimulating talk about wild animals, especially as the creatures came in pairs of mother and baby, which allowed a certain amount of matching and sorting. There were some lovely appealing characters – we particularly liked the killer whales and the crocodiles – but the lack of additional building pieces limited the play somewhat, so we felt that this is best viewed as an ‘add-on’ set to be used with existing collections of LEGO® DUPLO®. We also felt that this might be an expensive item for smaller settings on limited budgets, but felt that for lovers of DUPLO who wanted to increase their existing resources, this would be a lovely edition.”
Here are some great ideas for using the Wild Animals Set:
- Counting – ask the children to count how many animals have orange on them? How many live in the water? How many on land?
- Sorting – ask the children to sort the animals by:
- Where the animals come from
- Language – ask the children to name the animals and describe them and then tell stories about them
- Creativity – ask the children to draw or paint the animals or create environments for them; either from DUPLO bricks or from other material that you have in your nursery.
For more ideas take a look at the LEGO Education website.