LEGO Education StoryTales
We are delighted to announce today our partnership with Pearson, the world’s leading learning company.
This is the first time we have collaborated with the company to launch a joint solution and we are all really excited with the results.
Together, we have specifically designed a module of Pearson’s Wordsmith online resource to create an integrated solution for early literacy educators.
The module, called ‘Language Booster’, combines LEGO Education StoryTales with a series of lesson plans that have been specifically designed to help Key Stage 1 children who need a little extra help with their language development.
The module uses those all-important traditional tales for effective, motivating lessons that work on:
- Storymaking and telling
- Speaking and listening skills
- Creating and sequencing stories
Pearson currently have a ‘Buy Wordsmith FREE for the Summer‘ campaign – if you buy it before the end of July 2014, they will extend your subscription until September 2015 so it’s worth looking into it before the end of the school year!
To find out everything you need to know about Wordsmith Language Booster or StoryTales, visit the Pearson website uk.pearson.com/primary
Here’s the official press release:
LEGO® EDUCATION AND PEARSON COLLABORATE TO OFFER CUSTOMISED SOLUTION FOR EARLY LITERACY
– COMBINING LEGO EDUCATION’S HANDS-ON LEARNING TOOLS WITH PEARSON PRIMARY’S NEW LITERACY SERVICE. PROVIDES EDUCATORS WITH A SOLUTION TO HELP STUDENTS STRUGGLING WITH EARLY READING AND WRITING SKILLS –
LEGO® Education and Pearson have announced an integrated solution for early literacy educators. The offering is part of the Pearson Wordsmith solution and is available to schools as part of the service. This is a specialised combination of new Wordsmith lesson plans that are specifically designed for use with LEGO Education StoryTales.
The integrated solution, which is available throughout the UK, is designed for use with children in Key Stage 1 who may have started school with delayed or underdeveloped language skills.
“Both companies understand the importance of early literacy success and want educators to have the best opportunity to help those students struggling with reading and writing in order for them to be successful in their school years,” said Jesper Just Jensen, Senior Director, Preschool and Primary Marketing at LEGO Education. “With LEGO Education’s long tradition of using the LEGO brick as a strong hands-on learning tool to increase engagement and Pearson’s renowned credibility and strong foothold in the education market, we know this solution will help educators with students who need extra support.”
When schools order the Language Booster kit, they will receive:
- LEGO Education StoryTales, an engaging and easily managed LEGO® DUPLO® brick set that promotes creativity and the imaginative telling and retelling of stories. This set has been designed to teach the principles of storytelling and to help with language development. It can be used in many areas of the curriculum.
- The Wordsmith Language Booster lesson plans, written specifically for this package. This provides 10-weeks of core instruction with 20 detailed online lesson plans, plus additional resources, designed for teachers or teaching assistants to use with small groups of children.
These resources help with:
- Vocabulary development
- Oral language (saying sentences)
- Storytelling and structuring
- Listening skills
“We are excited to collaborate with LEGO Education to bring this powerful offering to early educators,” said Kath Donovan, Director of UK Primary Learning at Pearson. “Both brands have a strong worldwide reach, emphasise the importance of the learner at the centre and want to provide educators with a solution that will encourage confidence in their students.”
Customers can order the integrated solution as part of the Wordsmith programme from Pearson uk.pearson.com/primary